Thursday, December 22, 2005

I have lost faith…in myself

Why even say anything. Nothing will change.

I think I have reached the point

Where I can no longer go forward

And I know I can not go back

Sweet sickening apathy

Robs my soul

Leaving ashes and shattered dreams

I cut myself on the shards

Grasping for what can never be mended

Holding what can never be remade

I no longer believe

In the dreams I once held

They are phantom sand

Before my eyes

They are the laughing reminders

Of paths I did not take

Now the tools I have

Are all rusted or broken

Or left on the shelf forgotten

I no longer have faith

In those tools

And I am nothing without them

So I hold on to them

The grand pretender

The weaver of false dreams

Fooling myself

With broken wings

Wishing to fly

4 Comments:

Blogger j00|{z said...

"We, in the ages lying
In the buried past of earth,
Built Nineveh with our sighing,
And Babel itself with our mirth;
And o'erthrew them with prophesying
To the old of the new world's worth;
For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth."
-Arthur O'Shaughnessy

December 28, 2005 5:38 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

yes.
great quote.

December 28, 2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger hans said...

thanks for visiting my blog. as your request to exchange link with me, i've add your blog to my blogroll. i'm waiting for your link back. have a nice day and thx

February 23, 2008 6:39 PM  
Blogger hans said...

please check out this link

February 23, 2008 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home