Saturday, September 10, 2005

Do not take for granted the time you have. You never know how long you actually have.

An old friend, one who I have known for fifteen years, who I was a roommate of so long ago and who preformed the ceremony for my wedding, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer. He is not that much older than me. Still, way too young. Now we live in separate cities…separate states in fact. And I wish I could be there for him during his treatment.

It just makes you think…

Can I look back on my life and say I have done all that I wanted to do? Did I have enough time to pursue the dreams I had when I was young? Or did I slowly say, oh maybe someday I will get to it, thinking that someday is just around the corner while the end was so far away.

Don’t wait for someday. Reach for your dreams today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

3 Comments:

Blogger j00|{z said...

Sorry about your friend. I agree, time passes too quick, and every day should be lived to its extent.

September 14, 2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger j00|{z said...

Congrats on your new blog!

September 14, 2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Thank you.
Good to hear.

September 15, 2005 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home